Introducing Indiana’s first Kiwanis 3-2-1 Club: The Kiwanis Club of Indy – It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere
A social, yet community service-minded, club designed for today’s busy professionals who wish to:
- pay it forward to future generations
- give back to our community
- broaden their network by surrounding themselves with positive, can-do, like-minded friends.
The Countdown (Member Expectations):
- 3 hours per month of community service projects aimed at improving the lives of local children and youth
- 2 hours per month of social interaction with fellow members and youth-sponsored club members
- 1 hour per month of meeting time in order to organize our service projects and communicate opportunities.
Who: North side professionals who are too busy to attend a weekly meeting, but wish to band together with others to do good deeds!
What: A full-fledged Kiwanis club with an emphasis on service rather than meetings.
When: Early evening meetings on the first Tuesday of each month.
Where: Embassy Suites Indianapolis North Hotel, 3912 Vincennes Road
Why: You care about kids…and getting things done to better our community!
Sampling of Potential Service Projects:
Coordinating a ‘diaper dump’; sponsoring a Kiwanis-backed service leadership program in a nearby school
(K-Kids, Builders Club or Key Club); tree-planting & park beautification; collecting canned foods for local military families; etc.